VEAO Bae Hawk T.M1

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:17 pm
Silver_Dragon User avatar
Expert Member
Expert Member

Viene de: http://www.aviadoresvirtuales.org/index ... mitstart=0

VEAO Hawk update
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122826
Following the announcement from Wags on DCS Product Terms, we are pleased to clarify the following for the Hawk:

Hawk for DCS - Standard Flight Model (SFM) and Advanced Systems Modelling (ASM) - Initial Release
DCS Hawk - (in development) Professional Flight Modeling (PFM) and Advanced Systems Modelling (ASM)

Definitions:
Standard Flight Model (SFM). This has not changed and defines a more data-driven means of achieving flight dynamics, in conjunction with some scripting.

Professional Flight Model (PFM). This is generations beyond an AFM/AFM+ and is based upon:
• Use a wider array of wind tunnel tests CFD methods for aerodynamics parameters calculations.
• A higher level of aircraft construction details for forces calculations. For example: our landing gear model includes individual kinematics of retracting/extending is used to calculate its movement, servo-piston forces, etc. In such cases, we truly use real lengths, arms, etc. This also includes such items as a realistic simulation of airflow along the airframe due to the propeller or helicopter rotor thrust.
• Realistic simulation of Flight Control, CAS and Autopilot systems.
• Realistic simulation of Hydraulics, Fuel, Electrical, Engine and other systems influence flight characteristics.
• Unprecedented access to test data packs.

Advanced Systems Modeling (ASM). An ASM enabled aircraft goes into great depth to model the intricacies of the various cockpit systems, to include functionality for almost all the buttons, switches, dials, etc. A key element of an ASM cockpit is the ability to interact with it using your mouse. ASM DCS examples include the A-10C, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H and Mi-8MTV2.

For Wags original post, please see here:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2039947#post2039947

I will be updating the Hawk product page today and will release the link shortly.

Thanks,
Chris.
More news to the front

Post Wed May 07, 2014 4:29 pm
Expert Member
Expert Member

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2 ... count=1205
Update Time

Hey guys,
Well it's been a little while since the last update so I thought I'd bring you up to speed on what's been happening over the past few weeks.

As you know we're gearing up ready to release the Hawk to you and that involves the testers trying to break things and we fix them for them to break them again so we can fix them a little bit more. Boring right, well that's what makes the perfect DCS aircraft so that's the process we go through and have been going through since we gave the 1.2.8. version to the testing team.

Suffice to say we're having a little issue with certain navigation systems that Tango is working through with the testing team.
We opted to create our own navigation system for our aircraft. There were a few reasons for this that have been mentioned already, for current and future aircraft.
With this brings inherent problems that I'm confident Tango can work through.

Work on the rear cockpit has been ongoing for a while now and I've shown off some eye candy recently showing that. The rear cockpit modelling is almost finished and will be handed over to our cockpit texture artist very soon.
We will then start work on the switch implementation system in tandem allowing for front and rear control of the aircraft via seat switching.
Multiplayer control and dual sharing of the cockpit will come down the road later either using ED's system or our own.

Which brings me on to the re-texturing of the front cockpit. The textures you currently see and will get at release are our basic textures. Very soon after public release we will release the high-res pack as part of a patch. I'll post up some comparison shots soon but want to let the team get on with it a little bit more before I do that.

We're working with ED to implement the Hawk into core DCS as an AI aircraft.
This means that even if you haven't bought the Hawk, you can still see it flying around in the sim negating the need for a multiplayer patch.
We're also working together on fixing a few key bugs that are preventing public release.

I have a military tech demo this coming Friday so have been busy mission writing and fine tuning a few things for that.

When I'm back next week I'll be finishing off the manual, training missions and missions that will ship with the public release.
We also have a few volunteer translators that will first translate the quickstart manual, followed by the full manual.

The voice overs for the training missions are also being recorded and will be updated into the training missions at a later patch.

Which nicely leads on to the patching system. We are in discussion with ED on how best to patch the aircraft in future. As I've mentioned the Hawk will be part of core DCS but that opens up discussions on SFM/EFM versions and we're working through that at the moment.
We can guarantee that it will be the least inconvenience to you that won't affect the version you have bought.

And on to the CRM system, this is the front and back end processing for taking orders and payment from our web site. Work has started on the back end and front end pages and we'll be letting our testers have a little play with that soon.
Part of that system are the product pages which are almost complete for the Hawk.
We've elected to mirror the ED website product pages so it is familiar to you, and so we can easily implement the product within ED's own website and Module Manager.

Licensing issues with BAE are ongoing with our lawyers but hopefully we can get to a resolution quickly.

That's a pretty good snapshot of what we're working on and I hope to bring you some more eye candy really soon.

As to when we will release, well you'll just have to wait and see....

Thanks,
Chris.
More news to the front

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:41 pm
Expert Member
Expert Member

VEAO Hawk Brochute:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=126667
Hi Guys,
I thought you might like to see the brochure that we'll have with us at Legends to hand out this coming weekend.

http://www.veaosimulations.co.uk/brochu ... ochure.pdf

Enjoy,
Chris.

More news to the front

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:12 pm
Expert Member
Expert Member

Segun el Facebook de DCS: World y el mismo Ells228, hay muchas posibilidades de ver el VEAO Hawk T.M1 como modulo volable en la 1.2.9

https://www.facebook.com/DcsWorld?fref=nf
DCS Hawk will be released in 1.2.9

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2 ... count=1399
You'll see it in 1.2.9

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2 ... count=1402
Flyable
More news to the front

Post Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:13 pm
Expert Member
Expert Member

Semi-update por ells del update de enero del Hawk

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2 ... ostcount=5
Pete and I are typing up the update for January this week , so don't worry it's coming.

Hawk certainly has not been forgotten, I've had a few meetings this month with BAE to clarify a few things and get feedback, which is all positive.

I've also been working on closing out reported bugs, radios, etc...

The real pilots have until the end of this month to give us the feedback, plus Jav and I are concentrated on the next few weeks comparing our current EFM to the performance data we have recently obtained through our sources.

EFM programming updating, based on all feedback, is scheduled for February which should be fairly simple tweaks as the current EFM is very close. But as with all things DCS integration we'll see.
Our aim is to have it to our testers and to ED for final sign off by the end of February.
Then it's down to ED to include it in the patch.

We have tweaked the hydraulics to hopefully assist the X-55 users and will await their feedback when it's out for testing.

Also the cockpit textures are coming along nicely. I have the first pass from the artist and I think you won't be disappointed. Still some tweaks to do but it's looking great so far (no I won't be showing this off). Again I'm aiming to have these within the patch with the EFM, all going well.

Custom weapons are taking a little longer to integrate for various reasons I can't discuss right now, but they are also being worked on.

I have recently clarified with the techs and written the full UHF and AM radio procedure for our programmer which is being worked on. Right now in-sim you can use the radio to talk to the ground crew in case you missed that update in the last 1.5 and 2.0 patch. That was a big first step.
I understand all 3rd party's had issues with radios so it's good to know it wasn't just us going crazy.
Again these are not easy things to get working, but we are working on it and I hope they'll be done ready for the next big patch with textures and EFM.

Considerable time, resources and funds have been allocated to Hawk to get completed (out of Beta) and it is certainly not "dead" so please don't start spreading that rumour around or speculating that.

Things take time guys and we're going as fast as we can to get it right and realistic as possible within the boundaries we have been given.

When the top Military advisor for Sims for BaE Systems, two weeks ago, says it's "Outstanding!!" then I believe we have done a good job.
And yes he was flying the EFM.
And for anyone wishing to argue, he is an ex Hawk, Harrier and Tornado pilot, so....

Pretty much this is the update that will be in the monthly text and hopefully it keeps you happy, not as happy as having the updates I know, but hopefully another step closer.

Oh, one thing I want to mention after reading again another slagging off of myself and my team on Reddit; we are not "hiding" behind ED forums which are moderated.
If anyone wants to challenge me or simply to discuss things then all they have to do it contact me directly and I'll gladly talk to them.
However; I will defend the decisions I make, what we are doing as a business and my team so be prepared for an argument!!

Thanks,
Chris.
More news to the front

Post Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:26 pm
Expert Member
Expert Member

Update de febrero de VEAO del Bae Hawk T.1

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2 ... ostcount=1
Hey guys,
I know we're only a little way into February but I've read a lot of negative comments on forums and Facebook that we're not working on Hawk anymore, the project is abandoned, blah blah blah.

Obviously people either don't read the updates we post on our Facebook page and forums, or they just want to stir shiz up and be negative.

I do however, understand peoples frustrations and the delays we have had over the past year are no concern to you, but if we can't get a product working for technical reasons then there's not much we can do but bug hunt and fix it, sometimes this is not an overnight process, especially with two new versions of DCS being released which also seemed to brake a few things along the way. Such is development.

Let me clarify; you are purchasing or have purchased an early access product during Beta development stage. Some features may not be complete and features may change during development and in the final version. If you are not excited to fly this product in its current state, then you should wait to see how the product progresses further in development and purchase when it is released in it’s final version or accept that is it in Beta development and work in progress.

So, here is the list of what we are working on in February, and have been for the past 8 days of the month and before that:

Feedback from the Hawk pilots is being updated on our current EFM flight model. It has been thoroughly tested and verified to be authentic and realistic to flying a Hawk.
With the change to EFM comes additional features like differential toe brakes, parking brake and much more. We hope you enjoy flying it as much as we have testing it over the past few months.
By the end of this month the EFM will be released to ED for testing and verification and we will discuss with ED when the next patch for 1.5 and 2.0 can be put out with the update.

The main cockpit textures are now implemented in the model. Our texture artist has done an excellent job making the cockpit look more realistic.
Screenshots do not do his work justice as much as rolling around with the sun reflecting off of every surface showing the level of detail.
He is carrying on with the remainder of the cockpit like switches, dials, gauges, etc.
What is shown below are current WIP screenshots. I'm sure most will like them and some will not...

Here is the remaining list of fixes and issues being worked on during February:
Weapons selector not working since 1.5.2 update.
Air start option - start with weapons system live including sidewinder cooling down time.
Sidewinder tone added.
Radio UHF and AM coms working (ground crew currently works ok).
When part of an aircraft wing is destroyed, the weps and lights still show (this will be done as part of EFM/ASM integration).
Airbrake test switch not working.
Realistic sounds to be added to external and cockpit.
Kneeboard joystick assignments not working for mark map and next/prev pages.
Det cord showing inside of canopy when looking back.
Controls indicator (Ctrl+Enter) working.
Auto start/stop commands working.
Altimeters 10,000 number rolling over too soon indicating 1950ft when it's 950ft.
Custom weapons added.
Damage model showing on some AI / multiplayer aircraft when air-brake deployed.
Add AHRS to start-up training mission.
Add remaining navigation training missions.
Safety pins removed from the model.
Other bugs reported by testers and public.

So, as you can see Hawk has not been abandoned and is very much on our focus.
Should anyone wish to challenge this then feel free to discuss it with me personally!!!

More news to the front

Post Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:33 pm
Expert Member
Expert Member

Testeos de VEAO con los Aim-9 en el Hawk

https://www.facebook.com/VEAO-Simulatio ... 8/?fref=nf
Having a little target practice fun today....
https://youtu.be/DJH64Xd-hkc
More news to the front

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:22 pm
Expert Member
Expert Member

Update de abril de VEAO del Bae Hawk T.M1

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2 ... ostcount=1
Hi Guys,
Here is a quick update on Hawk for April.

We have been battling with the sound API for DCS getting custom engine sounds working.
Our friends at Razbam have been helping us out trading ideas for what we've done and what they've done. More heads are better than one...

So far we have working cockpit engine sounds and are still working on external sounds using the API.

That being said, the EFM will be released in the upcoming 2.0.2 patch first (due to release schedule) which will give you the opportunity to fly and give us feedback.
It will then be in the next 1.5 patch whenever that is.

I'd like to thank you for your patience in waiting whilst we work through these issues.

Look out for the upcoming patch notes posted by ED.

We have been reviewing comments on the updated textures and are working to optimise them a little more, plus working on other details to make the whole cockpit better.

Thanks,
Chris.
More news to the front

Post Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:33 pm
Expert Member
Expert Member

Update de VEAO con la actualización 2.0.2

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2 ... stcount=33
Hey Guys,
Here's a little video for you of what you'll be getting.

https://youtu.be/4cb7_bgDMis

External engine and cockpit sound test of DCS: Hawk for the upcoming DCS: World OpenAlpha 2.0.2 patch, including EFM.

Raw video recorded straight from the flight, no sound editing.

I threw her about for a couple of flat spins and some low level ground effect flying.

All still work-in-progress of course.

Video is 2560x1080

Edit - Apologies for the black spots, seems like Fraps had a little issue.

Chris
More news to the front

Post Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:15 pm
Expert Member
Expert Member

VEAO pone varios detalles a mejorar gracias a los pilotos consultantes en el Hawk T.1

https://www.facebook.com/VEAO-Simulatio ... 8/?fref=nf
Hey Guys,
I have been speaking to some of our consulting pilots regarding a couple of things that have been raised by the community.
Regarding the nodding dog - accelerated stall - They have confirmed that the is no flick at all and the the stall is straight nose down and even then you have to be quite aggressive to induce this effect. We will most likely soften the effect slightly to make it a little less jerky but the way the effect works will not be changed based on this first hand feedback.
Regarding buffeting during accelerated stall, they have advised that there is very minimal buffeting and that it is more of a vibration through the seat rather then a full blown buffet. In this instance we will not be implementing a visual effect for this, however if we ever do a full FFB profile in the future we will include a minor vibration when approaching the nodding dog effect. Even so this vibration is only felt very very close to the stall and not through the pull into the stall.
Flaps and Gear drag / pitch changes, they have given us some more detailed feedback on the pitch effects of these, Flaps is a very slight pitch up per indent, gear is a very slight nose down. One knock of flaps cancels out the gear and with full flaps the nose climbs very slightly.
The airbrake is a slight nose down attitude change.
This feedback will be implemented in an upcoming EFM change, We are working on the crashing issue at the moment, then we will implement some more of this fine tuned feedback.
I thought you guys might like a summary of the feedback from the pilots.
Feedback like this is what will take our Hawk to the next level
Pman
More news to the front

Next

Return to DCS: World